Jump to Main Content
- Freixa, Anna, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Forensic science international 2018 v.290 pp. e9
- blood serum; case studies; ethylene glycol; gibberellic acid; glycolic acid; mortality; odds ratio; patients; poisoning; prognosis; systematic review; urine
- ... To evaluate the clinical utility of glycolic acid (GA) determination in the diagnosis and prognosis of ethylene glycol (EG) intoxications.Systematic review of serum and/or urine GA concentrations available in the literature in cases of EG poisoning. Present a clinical case in which the determination of the GA was decisive.In total, 137 patients were included. Serum GA concentrations (but not EG) o ...
- Freixa, Anna, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2018 v.619-620 pp. 328-337
- aquatic ecosystems; aquatic environment; aquatic organisms; carbon nanotubes; ecotoxicology; fullerene; graphene; physicochemical properties; pollutants; sorbents; toxicity; uncertainty
- ... An increasing amount of carbon-based nanomaterials (CNM) (mostly fullerenes, carbon nanotubes and graphene) has been observed in aquatic systems over the last years. However, the potential toxicity of these CNM on aquatic ecosystems remains unclear. This paper reviews the existing literature on the toxic effects of CNM in aquatic organisms as well as the toxic effects of CNM through influencing th ...