Jump to Main Content
- Funderburk, Joe, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- TheFlorida entomologist 2018 v.101 no.2 pp. 166-171
- Heliothrips haemorrhoidalis; adults; avocados; economic impact; fruits; greenhouses; immatures; leaves; pesticides; phenology; population density; small fruits; therapeutics; winter; Chile
- ... The economic impact of the greenhouse thrips, Heliothrips haemorrhoidalis (Bouché) (Thysanoptera: Thripidae), has increased on Chilean avocados as a consequence of the high value of the crop and the increased injury to the fruit surface. The population dynamics, phenology, and patterns of aggregation of H. haemorrhoidalis was determined with the objective of rationalizing the use of pesticides usi ...
- Funderburk, Joe, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Insects 2018 v.9 no.4
- Bidens; Frankliniella occidentalis; Frankliniella tritici; Orius insidiosus; Solanum lycopersicum; adults; companion crops; females; field experimentation; flowers; foliar application; hosts; integrated pest management; kaolin; larvae; males; mulches; pests; tomatoes
- ... A push-pull strategy for reducing populations of the thrips Frankliniella occidentalis (Pergande), F. bispinosa (Morgan) and F. tritici (Fitch) in tomato was evaluated. Push components consisted of ultraviolet (UV)-reflective mulch and foliar applications of kaolin and the pull component consisted of the companion plant Bidens alba (L.). Replicated field experiments were conducted in 2011 and 2012 ...
- PubMed Central:
- Funderburk, Joe, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- TheFlorida entomologist 2018 v.101 no.4 pp. 627-633
- Selenothrips rubrocinctus; adults; cassava; chlorfenapyr; chlorpyrifos; cypermethrin; farm income; farmers; field experimentation; imidacloprid; insect pests; laboratory experimentation; malathion; mechanism of action; mortality; spinosad; thiamethoxam; toxicity; Costa Rica
- ... Cassava and cacao are 2 of the most important crops grown in Costa Rica, and also are major sources of income for rural farmers. These crops are frequently attacked by Corynothrips stenopterus Williams and redbanded thrips, Selenothrips rubrocinctus Giard (Thysanoptera: Thripidae). Most farmers who grow these crops apply synthetic insecticides on a calendar basis, but there are no well-established ...