Jump to Main Content
- Galvão, António, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Animal reproduction science 2018 v.199 pp. 93-103
- Western blotting; biopsy; blood sampling; blood serum; catheters; corpus luteum; endometrium; estradiol; immunohistochemistry; mares; metabolites; ovulation; progesterone; prostaglandin synthase; ultrasonics
- ... Treatment with intrauterine devices (IUD) prolongs luteal phases in mares, but the mechanism for this has not been fully elucidated. The aims of the present study were to examine how IUDs affect the uterus to induce longer luteal phases, particularly the role of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) in the maintenance of the corpus luteum (CL). Twenty-seven reproductively normal mares were included: 12 were in ...
- Galvão, António, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Theriogenology 2018 v.113 pp. 8-18
- DNA; bacteria; cathepsin G; collagen; elastase; endometritis; endometrium; estrous cycle; explants; histopathology; mares; myeloperoxidase; neutrophils; oxytocin; transcription (genetics)
- ... Neutrophil extracellular traps (NETs) are DNA complexes carrying nuclear and cytoplasmic proteins, such as elastase (ELA), cathepsin-G (CAT) and myeloperoxidase (MPO). Mare endometrosis is a chronic degenerative process characterized by excessive collagen in endometrium. While NETs fight bacteria that cause endometritis, they may trigger endometrial fibrogenesis. The aim was to evaluate the in vit ...