Jump to Main Content
- Haberman, Juta, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2018 v.621 pp. 352-359
- Cladocera; Copepoda; Cyanobacteria; Rotifera; biomass; databases; eutrophication; global warming; lakes; models; monitoring; nitrates; nitrogen content; pH; phosphorus; variance; water temperature; Estonia
- ... We aimed at quantifying the importance of limnological variables in the decadal rise of cyanobacteria biomass in shallow hemiboreal lakes. We constructed estimates of cyanobacteria (blue-green algae) biomass in a large, eutrophic lake (Estonia, Northeastern Europe) from a database comprising 28 limnological variables and spanning more than 50years of monitoring. Using a dual-model approach consist ...
- Haberman, Juta, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Hydrobiologia 2018 v.820 no.1 pp. 145-163
- Cyanobacteria; biomass; detritivores; detritus; energy flow; energy transfer; eutrophication; fish; fisheries; food webs; grazing; lakes; macroinvertebrates; models; monitoring; phytoplankton; primary productivity; zooplankton; Estonia
- ... We modeled energy transfer and trophic position of fish, plankton, and macroinvertebrates and the relative importance of top-down versus bottom-up processes in Lake Võrtsjärv, a large shallow eutrophic lake in Estonia (northeastern Europe). We employed input values based on 37 years of biomass and fishing activity monitoring for calibrating the Ecopath with Ecosim (EwE) model. Energy flows from pr ...