Jump to Main Content
- Han, Weon Shik, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2018 v.642 pp. 314-321
- air pollution; arsenic; edaphic factors; heavy metals; iron oxides; ownership; oxidation; remediation; soil; soil pollution; temperature
- ... Although soil contamination must be remediated by the polluters under current legal frameworks in numerous countries, the allocation of responsibilities for soil clean-up is still challenging in the case of multiple potentially responsible parties (PRPs). This study evaluated the individual contributions of two PRPs (Owners A & B) to heavy metal contamination in the soil environment near an abando ...
- Han, Weon Shik, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of hydro-environment research 2018 v.20 pp. 38-51
- anthropogenic activities; aquifers; climate; drawdown; drought; groundwater; groundwater flow; models; rivers; soil water balance; spring; streams; surface water; water table; watersheds; Lake Michigan; Mississippi River; Wisconsin
- ... A local-scale groundwater flow model representing an unconfined aquifer at the Cedar Creek Watershed in Wisconsin, U.S.A. was constructed to determine the effects on groundwater resources due to anthropogenic activities, climate variability, Lake Michigan stage, and finally, the treatment of surface water. The importance of this aquifer lies in its location on the sub-continental divide, which sep ...