Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: tomas?
- Horvath, Tamas L., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2018 v.499 no.4 pp. 1025-1031
- acetylation; adipose tissue; amyloid; animal disease models; anti-inflammatory activity; high fat diet; hippocampus; inflammation; insulin resistance; macrophages; mice; obesity; protein content; transcription factor NF-kappa B
- ... Chronic low-grade inflammation-induced insulin resistance is associated with neuroinflammation. Myeloid sirtuin1 (SIRT1) deficiency aggravates high-fat diet (HFD)-induced insulin resistance. However, the function of myeloid-specific SIRT1 in the hippocampus of obese mice is largely unknown. To address this question, we fed myeloid SIRT1 knockout (KO) mice a HFD for 40 weeks. We found that HFD-fed ...
- Horvath, Tamas L., et al. Show all 25 Authors
- Cell 2018 v.175 no.4 pp. 1088-1104.e23
- H+/K+-exchanging ATPase; H-transporting ATP synthase; brain; copy number variation; genes; humans; mice; mitochondria; neurons; oxidative phosphorylation; pathogenesis; phenotype
- ... Despite the known causality of copy-number variations (CNVs) to human neurodevelopmental disorders, the mechanisms behind each gene’s contribution to the constellation of neural phenotypes remain elusive. Here, we investigated the 7q11.23 CNV, whose hemideletion causes Williams syndrome (WS), and uncovered that mitochondrial dysfunction participates in WS pathogenesis. Dysfunction is facilitated i ...