Jump to Main Content
- Jauregui, Iván, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Plant methods 2018 v.14 no.1 pp. 97
- abscisic acid; barley; carboxylation; climate change; crop yield; cultivars; evaporative demand; gas exchange; genetic variation; leaves; mutants; photosynthesis; plant response; ribulose-bisphosphate carboxylase; spraying; transpiration; water use efficiency; wheat
- ... BACKGROUND: Improving plant water use efficiency (WUE) is a major target for improving crop yield resilience to adverse climate change. Identifying genetic variation in WUE usually relies on instantaneous measurements of photosynthesis (An) and transpiration (Tr), or integrative measurements of carbon isotope discrimination, at the leaf level. However, leaf gas exchange measurements alone do not a ...
- Jauregui, Ivan, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Environmental and experimental botany 2018 v.155 pp. 158-164
- Arabidopsis; acclimation; amino acids; carbon dioxide; carbon dioxide enrichment; carboxylation; chronic exposure; growth promotion; mutants; photosynthates; photosynthesis; ribulose-bisphosphate carboxylase; starch granules
- ... Previous studies on Arabidopsis under long-term exposure to elevated CO2 have been conducted using starch synthesis and breakdown mutants cultured under short day conditions. These studies showed that starch synthesis can ameliorate the photosynthetic reduction caused by soluble sugar-mediated feedback regulation. In this work we characterized the effect of long-term exposure to elevated CO2 (800 ...