Jump to Main Content
- Kikuchi, K., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Animal genetics 2018 v.49 no.1 pp. 86-89
- crossing; domestication; genetic relationships; genotyping; landraces; principal component analysis; single nucleotide polymorphism; swine; swine breeds; Vietnam
- ... Vietnam is one of the most important countries for pig domestication, and a total of 26 local breeds have been reported. In the present study, genetic relationships among the various pig breeds were investigated using 90 samples collected from local pigs (15 breeds) in 15 distantly separated, distinct areas of the country and six samples from Landrace pigs in Hanoi as an out‐group of a common West ...
- Kikuchi, K, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Reproduction in domestic animals 2018 v.53 no.2 pp. 304-312
- apoptosis; blastocyst; germinal vesicle; glutathione; hydrogen peroxide; mechanism of action; parthenogenesis; resveratrol; swine; viability; vitrification
- ... We tested the effects of resveratrol both as a pre‐treatment and as a recovery treatment after warming during in vitro maturation (IVM) on the viability and developmental competence of porcine oocytes vitrified at the germinal vesicle stage. Pre‐treatment before vitrification of oocytes for 3 hr with 2 μM resveratrol did not affect survival, oocyte maturation and embryo developmental competence to ...