Jump to Main Content
- Kristl, Julijana, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Carbohydrate polymers 2018 v.181 pp. 93-102
- alginates; anions; calorimetry; cations; crosslinking; electrophoresis; entropy; infrared spectroscopy; ionic strength; light scattering; nanoparticles; surfactants; titration
- ... Complexation of linear alginate polyanions with different classes of crosslinkers (divalent cations, polycations, positively charged surfactants) was investigated, to unravel their effects on nanoparticle formation. The goal was to define the crosslinker-to-alginate molar ratios at which nanoparticles are formed, and to reveal the underlying thermodynamics and molecular interactions using dynamic ...
- Kristl, Julijana, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Biomacromolecules 2018 v.19 no.11 pp. 4299-4306
- Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans; Bacillus (bacteria); antimicrobial properties; bacteria; chitosan; nanofibers; nucleotide sequences; pathogens; periodontal diseases; polyethylene glycol; probiotics; ribosomal RNA; sequence analysis; spores; storage time
- ... The conventional treatment of periodontal disease does not solve the high incidence of recolonization of periodontal pockets by pathogens. Here, we introduce an innovative concept of incorporating autochthonous bacteria as potential probiotics into nanofibers for local treatment. We selected and isolated the strain 25.2.M from the oral microbiota of healthy volunteers. It was identified as Bacillu ...