Jump to Main Content
- López-Fernández, Hernán, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Molecular phylogenetics and evolution 2018 v.118 pp. 232-243
- Cichliformes; phenotype; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; Oreochromis niloticus; data collection; phylogeny; fish; topology; exons
- ... The phenotypic, geographic, and species diversity of cichlid fishes have made them a group of great interest for studying evolutionary processes. Here we present a targeted-exon next-generation sequencing approach for investigating the evolutionary relationships of cichlid fishes (Cichlidae), with focus on the Neotropical subfamily Cichlinae using a set of 923 primarily single-copy exons designed ...
- López‐Fernández, Hernán, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of biogeography 2018 v.45 no.4 pp. 815-825
- mountains; phylogeny; fish; phylogeography; topography; haplotypes; ribosomal proteins; mitochondria; coasts; introns; geographical distribution; basins; models; highlands; statistical analysis; lowlands; Gymnotus carapo; mitochondrial genome; gene flow; cytochrome b; Suriname
- ... AIM: The Guiana Shield region exhibits extraordinary topography that includes sheer, flat‐topped mountains (tepuis) atop an upland platform. Rivers of the eastern Pakaraima Mountains descend to Atlantic coastal lowlands, often traversing spectacular rapids and waterfalls. For fish species distributed in both uplands and lowlands, it is unclear whether these rapids and waterfalls present population ...