Jump to Main Content
- Larsen, Steen, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Analytical biochemistry 2018 v.556 pp. 119-124
- biopsy; citrate (si)-synthase; males; mitochondria; muscles; myosin heavy chains; skeletal muscle; yeasts
- ... Skeletal muscle is a heterogeneous tissue and it is essential to know the methodological variation and reliability when measuring aspects of muscle function. We assessed the methodological and biological variation when measuring mitochondrial respiratory capacity (MRC), citrate synthase (CS) activity and myosin heavy chain (MHC) composition in muscle biopsies from nine healthy male participants, a ...
- Larsen, Steen, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Toxicology 2018 v.395 pp. 15-22
- Parkinson disease; blood; droplets; enzyme inhibition; enzymes; epithelium; histopathology; kidneys; lungs; mice; nephrotoxicity; pathogenesis; phenotype; rats; renal function; therapeutics; urine
- ... Parkinson’s disease (PD) is a progressive neurodegenerative disorder for which there is no existing therapeutic approach to delay or stop progression. Genetic, biochemical and pre-clinical studies have provided evidence that leucine-rich-repeat-kinase-2 (LRRK2) kinase is involved in the pathogenesis of PD, and small molecule LRRK2 inhibitors represent a novel potential therapeutic approach. Howeve ...