Jump to Main Content
- Lee, Ik-Soo, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Natural product research 2018 v.32 no.8 pp. 902-908
- Mucor hiemalis; fungi; metabolites; quercetin; spectroscopy
- ... The microbial transformation studies of 7-O-prenylquercetin (1), 4′-O-prenylquercetin (2) and quercetin (3) were investigated with 20 different microbial strains to discover new metabolites. It was revealed that the fungus Mucor hiemalis was the most appropriate micro-organism which was capable of transforming these flavonoids. Structures of the three new (4–6) and one known (7) metabolites were e ...
- Lee, Ik Soo, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Nutrients 2018 v.10 no.10
- NAD ADP-ribosyltransferase; Reynoutria japonica; animal models; apoptosis; caspase-3; cornea; cytotoxicity; epithelial cells; excision; glutathione peroxidase; heme oxygenase (biliverdin-producing); humans; inflammation; interleukin-6; lacrimal apparatus; oral administration; osmolarity; oxidation; oxidative stress; prostaglandin synthase; protective effect; rats; superoxide dismutase; transcription factor NF-kappa B; tumor necrosis factor-alpha
- ... Dry eyes are caused by highly increased osmolarity of tear film, inflammation, and apoptosis of the ocular surface. In this study, we investigated the effect of Polygonum cuspidatum (PCE) aqueous extract in in vivo and in vitro dry eye models. Dry eye was induced by excision of the lacrimal gland and hyperosmotic media. In vivo, oral administration of PCE in exorbital lacrimal gland-excised rats r ...
- PubMed Central: