Jump to Main Content
- Lewis, Andrew R., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Canadian journal of forest research 2018 v.48 no.12 pp. 1515-1525
- Abies amabilis; Abies balsamea; Abies grandis; Abies lasiocarpa; Arabidopsis; Thuja occidentalis; Thuja plicata; Tsuga canadensis; Tsuga heterophylla; Tsuga mertensiana; abscisic acid; allelopathy; cold treatment; conifers; genotype; germination; magnetic resonance imaging; monoterpenoids; mutants; seed coat; seeds
- ... The seed coat of fir (Abies), hemlock (Tsuga), and cedar (Thuja) species contain terpenoid resin vesicles. Although information is limited about the morphology and allelopathy of these vesicles, their damage during seed processing can negatively impact germination success. We examined resin vesicle morphology of western redcedar (Thuja plicata Donn ex D. Don), eastern white cedar (Thuja occidental ...
- Lewis, Andrew R., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Biochemistry 2018 v.57 no.24 pp. 3378-3386
- Citrobacter freundii; alpha-galactosidase; catalytic activity; deuterium; glycosides; hydrides; hydrolysis; isotopes; manganese; metal ions; strontium
- ... The glycoside hydrolase family 4 (GH4) α-galactosidase from Citrobacter freundii (MelA) catalyzes the hydrolysis of fluoro-substituted phenyl α-d-galactopyranosides by utilizing two cofactors, NAD⁺ and a metal cation, under reducing conditions. In order to refine the mechanistic understanding of this GH4 enzyme, leaving group effects were measured with various metal cations. The derived βₗg value ...