Jump to Main Content
- Licursi, Domenico, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2018 v.264 pp. 180-189
- biomass; biorefining; corn; economic sustainability; hydrochars; hydrolysis; levulinic acid; liquids; mineral oil; slurries
- ... Levulinic acid is a platform chemical obtained from acid-catalyzed hydrothermal conversion of cellulose-rich biomass. The low amounts of solid biomass which can be handled in the reactor limit the levulinic acid concentration in the aqueous stream, making the economic viability of the aqueous phase process unsuitable for large scale applications. Now a novel approach to biphasic process has been p ...
- Licursi, Domenico, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Industrial crops and products 2018 v.112 pp. 6-17
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Arundo donax; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; biobased products; biomass; biorefining; economic valuation; energy recovery; hydrochars; levulinic acid; lignin; lignocellulose; liquids; pyrolysis; washing
- ... Up to now, on the industrial scale, the acid-catalysed hydrothermal conversion of lignocellulosic biomass has been targeted to the production of levulinic acid (LA), while the lignin fate has been neglected, and its use has been limited at most to the energy recovery. Now, an integrated investigation of the hydrothermal process for the synthesis of LA starting from giant reed (Arundo Donax L.) was ...