Jump to Main Content
- Lucchetti, Alessandro, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Fisheries research 2018 v.199 pp. 1-7
- Caretta caretta; bycatch; coasts; cost effectiveness; fishermen; gears; humans; lamps; mortality; sea turtles; synergism; trawl nets
- ... Sea turtles suffer from the cumulative and synergistic effects of natural phenomena and human activities. Among the latter, incidental interaction with commercial fisheries is considered as the main threat to their conservation. Fixed nets are common gears traditionally used in Mediterranean small scale fisheries (SSF). The loggerhead turtle bycatch of fixed nets is estimated to be high and simila ...
- Lucchetti, Alessandro, et al. Show all 26 Authors
- Fish and fisheries 2018 v.19 no.2 pp. 363-376
- collaborative management; computer simulation; cost effectiveness; ecosystems; fisheries; fishery resources; planning; stakeholders
- ... We present a framework for results‐based management (RBM) of commercial fisheries. The core idea of RBM is to reduce micromanagement by delegating management responsibility to resource users. The RBM framework represents an industrial organization approach to co‐management and comprises three defining processes, conducted by three independent “agents”: (i) an “authority” defines specific and measu ...