Jump to Main Content
- Møller, A. P., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of avian biology 2018 v.49 no.7 pp. e01665
- Bacillus licheniformis; Hirundo rustica; Mucor circinelloides; Trichoderma reesei; adults; bacteria; birds; breeding sites; feathers; fledglings; fungi; life history; nests; oviposition; winter
- ... Migration between breeding sites and winter quarters constitute a major life history strategy in birds. The benefits of such migrations must at least equal the costs for such behavior to evolve and be maintained. We tested whether there was a relationship between abundance and diversity of microorganisms on nest lining feathers and timing of arrival by barn swallows Hirundo rustica. Nest lining fe ...
- Møller, A. P., et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Animal conservation 2018 v.21 no.6 pp. 505-514
- Passer domesticus; antibacterial properties; biodiversity conservation; colonizing ability; ecological invasion; genetic variation; immune response; introduced species; malaria; parasites; pathogens; risk; secretion; uropygial gland; Peru; Spain
- ... Biological invasions by exotic species impose substantial ecological, economic and social costs worldwide, being a major threat to biodiversity conservation. Because not all individuals introduced in the new environments become successful invaders, the identification of factors underlying variation in invasion success would be essential for evaluating invasion risk. Here, we test several host–para ...