Jump to Main Content
- Meraz, M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2018 v.91 pp. 203-212
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; X-ray diffraction; amylose; butter; color; cooking; crystal structure; gelatinization; leaching; manufacturing; pasta; protein secondary structure; sauces; starch granules; temperature; thermal properties; viscoelasticity; viscosity; wheat flour
- ... Roux is an equal part mixture of flour and clarified butter cooked for a few minutes, and is the basic recipe for producing sauces. There is a lack of systematic studies regarding the effects of cooking temperature and time on the characteristics of roux. To this end, roux pasta (50:50 of wheat flour and clarified butter) was prepared to assess the effects of cooking time (1, 2 and 4 min) and temp ...
- Meraz, M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of cereal science 2018 v.79 pp. 160-167
- breads; cohesion; color; enzymes; freshness; mechanical properties; porosity; storage time; texture; viscoelasticity
- ... The effect of adding new generation enzymes (0.25, 0.5, 0.75, and 1.0% w/w) on traditional Mexican sweet bread physical, viscoelastic (elastic and plastic work) and textural properties was studied. Physical properties as weight lost, pore uniformity, color, etc., improved with enzyme addition. Viscoelasticity properties were analyzed by uniaxial compression test under small strain, showing that th ...