Jump to Main Content
- Michael, Todd P., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Plant molecular biology 2018 v.98 no.3 pp. 219-231
- DNA barcoding; Spirodela intermedia; Spirodela polyrhiza; aquatic plants; biogeography; bioinformatics; clones; genes; genotyping; information systems; loci; oligodeoxyribonucleotides; polymerase chain reaction; sequence diversity
- ... KEY MESSAGE: Leveraging the heightened levels of polymorphism in NB-ARC-related protein encoding genes in higher plants, a bioinformatic pipeline was created to identify regions in this gene family from sequenced plant genomes that exhibit fragment length or single nucleotide differences in different accessions of the same species. Testing this approach with the aquatic plant Spirodela polyrhiza d ...
- Michael, Todd P., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Theplant journal 2018 v.96 no.3 pp. 670-684
- Spirodela polyrhiza; bacterial artificial chromosomes; chromosome aberrations; clones; crops; evolution; flowers; fluorescence in situ hybridization; genome; models; nanopores; sequence analysis; vegetative propagation
- ... Duckweeds are the fastest growing angiosperms and have the potential to become a new generation of sustainable crops. Although a seed plant, Spirodela polyrhiza clones rarely flower and multiply mainly through vegetative propagation. Whole‐genome sequencing using different approaches and clones yielded two reference maps. One for clone 9509, supported in its assembly by optical mapping of single D ...