Jump to Main Content
- Miller, Ingrid, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of proteomics 2018 v.177 pp. 124-136
- Western blotting; cell culture; cell lines; cytoplasm; dogs; drugs; gluconeogenesis; glycolysis; human diseases; humans; immunohistochemistry; lungs; metastasis; models; neoplasm cells; osteosarcoma; oxidoreductases; protein disulfide-isomerase; proteome; proteomics; structural proteins; triose-phosphate isomerase
- ... Osteosarcoma is an aggressive bone tumor with high metastasis rate in the lungs and affects both humans and dogs in a similar way. Three-dimensional tumor cell cultures mimic the in vivo situation of micro-tumors and metastases and are therefore better experimental in vitro models than the often applied two-dimensional monolayer cultures. The aim of the present study was to perform comparative pro ...
- Miller, Ingrid, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Veterinary immunology and immunopathology 2018 v.205 pp. 17-23
- Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae; acute course; herds; immune response; interleukin-10; interleukin-17; lungs; neutrophils; pathogens; phenotype; respiratory tract diseases; swine; swine diseases; tonsils
- ... Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae (APP) persisting in clinically healthy pigs may be the causative agent of sudden outbreaks of severe respiratory disease in swine herds. During the course of acute disease, the pathogen is eliminated from inflamed lung tissue, which is characterized by the expression of pro-inflammatory cytokines and an influx of neutrophils. However, if clearance by the porcine imm ...