Jump to Main Content
- Mishra, H. N., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of food measurement & characterization 2018 v.12 no.4 pp. 2535-2544
- chemometrics; data analysis; hardness; least squares; models; near-infrared spectroscopy; nondestructive methods; physicochemical properties; spectral analysis; wheat
- ... Rapid and non-destructive spectroscopic methods were developed using discrete light based near infrared (NIR) and Fourier transform near infrared (FTNIR) spectroscopy and compared for efficient determination of physico-chemical characteristics of wheat grain. The FTNIR spectra were analyzed using partial least squares regression with various preprocessing techniques. The best model for moisture, p ...
- Mishra, H. N., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Analytical methods 2018 v.10 no.47 pp. 5687-5695
- Rhyzopertha dominica; electronic nose; fuzzy logic; insect infestations; insect reproduction; neural networks; principal component analysis; protein content; semiconductors; storage insects; storage time; stored grain; temperature; uric acid; volatile organic compounds; warehouses; wheat
- ... High grain moisture and temperature provide favorable conditions for stored-grain insect reproduction and survival, which is a major threat in warmer regions. The lesser grain borer Rhyzopertha dominica, a cosmopolitan insect that attacks a wide variety of stored wheat grains, causes serious qualitative and quantitative loss. Wheat grains artificially infested with R. dominica to various degrees a ...