Jump to Main Content
- Murai-Hatano, Mari, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Plant and soil 2018 v.433 no.1-2 pp. 173-187
- Andosols; RNA; aquaporins; developmental stages; diurnal variation; environmental factors; evaporation; gene expression; genes; leaves; meteorological parameters; nitrogen; paddies; panicles; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; rice; ripening; roots; stomatal conductance; tillering; water analysis
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Gene expression analysis under field conditions improves our understanding of crop responses to fluctuating environmental conditions. We evaluated RNA extraction methods and reference genes for a quantitative real-time PCR study of rice roots grown under field conditions. METHODS: Roots were collected from paddy (Andosol) at different growth stages, from tillering to ripening. ...
- Murai-Hatano, Mari, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Plant and soil 2018 v.429 no.1-2 pp. 503-518
- Oryza sativa; accidents; aerial parts; brown rice; cesium; crops; nuclear power; panicles; potassium; potassium fertilizers; power plants; radionuclides; ripening; soil; straw; underground parts; Japan
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Radiocesium uptake and accumulation in crops has been studied in Japan since the March 2011 nuclear power plant accident. However, few studies have reported how cesium (Cs) is distributed in aboveground parts and how it accumulates in edible parts. Here, we report the dynamics of Cs in aboveground parts of rice (Oryza sativa L.) plants throughout the cultivation period, and th ...