Jump to Main Content
- Nielsen, Jacob H., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2018 v.66 no.27 pp. 7110-7120
- Western blotting; activation energy; calcium; crosslinking; cysteine; denaturation; disulfide bonds; energy; gel chromatography; heat treatment; lactalbumin; light scattering; polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis; temperature; thiols
- ... The effect of free cysteine (in different concentrations) on the thermal aggregation of calcium-saturated (Ca-sat) and -depleted (Ca-dep) α-lactalbumin (α-LA) was investigated at 25, 50, and 70 °C. The temperatures chosen were below the denaturation temperature (Td) of Ca-dep and Ca-sat α-LA (25 °C), above the Td of Ca-dep α-LA and below that of Ca-sat α-LA (50 °C), and above the Td of Ca-sat α-LA ...
- Nielsen, Jacob H., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- International dairy journal 2018 v.79 pp. 52-61
- calcium; cysteine; denaturation; disulfide bonds; dose response; gels; heat; heat stability; lactalbumin; pH; temperature; thiols; whey protein
- ... α-Lactalbumin (α-LA) is a key commercial whey protein for nutritional purposes. The holo protein (calcium saturated) is considered the most heat stable whey protein, capable of refolding from unfolded states under many conditions. This is due to the absence of free thiols (cysteine residues) that are typically involved in thermal aggregation and thiol–disulphide exchange reactions of other whey pr ...