Jump to Main Content
- Oki, Taikan, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Sustainability science 2018 v.13 no.2 pp. 315-328
- climate; climate change; decision making; ice; issues and policy; melting; probability distribution; risk; risk management; sea level; summer; temperature; uncertainty; Arctic region; Greenland
- ... Evidence suggests that several elements (i.e., subsystems) of the Earth’s climate system could tip into a qualitatively different state due to on-going and future anthropogenically induced climate change. Risks associated with tipping could form a component of critical climate risks, and their consideration should be indispensable in decision-making. However, there is lack of scientific knowledge ...
- PubMed Central:
- Oki, Taikan, et al. Show all 14 Authors
- The international journal of life cycle assessment 2018 v.23 no.2 pp. 368-378
- aquatic ecosystems; basins; humans; life cycle assessment; models; stakeholders; water footprint; water shortages; water utilization
- ... PURPOSE: Life cycle assessment (LCA) has been used to assess freshwater-related impacts according to a new water footprint framework formalized in the ISO 14046 standard. To date, no consensus-based approach exists for applying this standard and results are not always comparable when different scarcity or stress indicators are used for characterization of impacts. This paper presents the outcome o ...