Jump to Main Content
- Obersteiner, Michael, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Ecosystem services 2018 v.30 pp. 220-227
- Helianthus annuus; cassava; corn; crop models; crop production; ecosystem services; farmers; fertilizers; irrigation; life cycle impact assessment; product life cycle; rapeseed; soil; soil erosion; soybeans; subsistence farming; sugarcane; wheat
- ... We derived spatially explicit erosion rates in kg of soil lost per kg of crop asa function of crop choice and management practice on a global scale. These so-called characterization factors (CFs) can be used in product life cycle assessment studies to determine the impact of crop cultivation on soil erosion. We used the biophysical crop model EPIC to determine yields and erosion rates for cassava, ...
- Obersteiner, Michael, et al. Show all 16 Authors
- Climate policy 2018 v.18 no.10 pp. 1227-1234
- capital; carbon; carbon dioxide; carbon markets; climate change; compliance; deforestation; developing countries; environmental policy; forests; greenhouse gas emissions; insurance; options trading; prices; risk; temperature; uncertainty; willingness to pay
- ... Climate policy uncertainty significantly hinders investments in low-carbon technologies, and the global community is behind schedule to curb carbon emissions. Strong actions will be necessary to limit the increase in global temperatures, and continued delays create risks of escalating climate change damages and future policy costs. These risks are system-wide, long-term and large-scale and thus ha ...