Jump to Main Content
- Oken, Kiva L, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Fish and fisheries 2018 v.19 no.3 pp. 489-501
- aquatic food webs; databases; diet; fish; landscapes; marine ecosystems; models; mortality; predation; predator control; predators; temporal variation
- ... Predation can play an important role in population, community and ecosystem processes. When predator guilds are diverse, fluctuations in individual predator populations may have small influences on the guild at large, suggesting that predator diversity stabilizes the amount of predation prey experience. The strength of this phenomenon depends on how synchronously populations within predator assemb ...
- Oken, Kiva L., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Environmental monitoring and assessment 2018 v.190 no.9 pp. 530
- fish; fish communities; fisheries; humans; life history; models; monitoring; oil spills; salinity; shellfish; temperature; turbidity; Gulf of Mexico; Louisiana
- ... Quantifying the impacts of disturbances such as oil spills on marine species can be challenging. Natural environmental variability, human responses to the disturbance (e.g., fisheries closures), the complex life histories of the species being monitored, and limited pre-spill data can make detection of effects of oil spills difficult. Using long-term monitoring data from the state of Louisiana (USA ...