Jump to Main Content
- Paumann-Page, Martina, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Archives of biochemistry and biophysics 2018 v.646 pp. 120-127
- acetaminophen; bromides; catalase; collagen; crosslinking; enzyme activity; enzyme inhibitors; epithelial cells; extracellular matrix; hydrazides; hydrogen peroxide; hydroxylysine; mass spectrometry; methionine; myeloperoxidase; oxidation; peroxidase; thiocyanates
- ... Peroxidasin is a heme peroxidase that catalyses the oxidation of bromide by hydrogen peroxide to form an essential sulfilimine cross-link between methionine and hydroxylysine residues in collagen IV. We investigated cross-linking by peroxidasin embedded in extracellular matrix isolated from cultured epithelial cells and its sensitivity to alternative substrates and peroxidase inhibitors. Peroxidas ...
- Paumann-Page, Martina, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Archives of biochemistry and biophysics 2018 v.643 pp. 14-23
- aspartic acid; biosynthesis; catalytic activity; chemical bonding; crystal structure; extracellular matrix; glutamic acid; heme; innate immunity; moieties; peroxidase; phylogeny; post-translational modification
- ... Four heme peroxidase superfamilies arose independently in evolution. Only in the peroxidase-cyclooxygenase superfamily the prosthetic group is posttranslationally modified (PTM). As a consequence these peroxidases can form one, two or three covalent bonds between heme substituents and the protein. This may include ester bonds between heme 1- and 5-methyl groups and glutamate and aspartate residues ...