Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Lei; Sumida, Akihiro
- Trees 2018 v.32 no.4 pp. 1123-1134
- Picea glehnii, etc ; branches; death; light intensity; probability; spatial variation; tree crown; trees; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... KEY MESSAGE: This study proves the existence of correlative inhibition, and demonstrates that role of light intensity in the growth and death varies among different levels of branching units. Within a tree crown, local light conditions vary within a branch and among different branches. Although the role of light intensity in the growth and survival of branches has been studied extensively, the eff ...
- Koide, Dai; Ito, Akihiko
- Ecological research 2018 v.33 no.6 pp. 1275-1287
- Picea glehnii, etc ; cambium; carbon; carbon sinks; climate change; databases; ecophysiology; forest dynamics; gases; growth rings; meteorological data; models; net primary productivity; photosynthesis; stem elongation; temporal variation; trees; vegetation; Japan; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Tree-ring (TR) observations provide important data on long-term forest dynamics and their underlying ecophysiological mechanisms. To elucidate the seasonal link between photosynthetic carbon acquisition and TR growth, we analyzed the correlation between observed TR data (carbon sink) and model-estimated net primary production (NPP; carbon source). Temporal trends of the TR–NPP correlation over the ...