Jump to Main Content
- Pretorius, Zacharias A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Plant disease 2018 v.102 no.12 pp. 2531-2538
- Puccinia graminis; field experimentation; grain yield; mature plants; stem rust; virulence; wheat; yield components
- ... Puccinia graminis f. sp. tritici race Ug99 (syn. TTKSK) has been identified as a major threat to wheat production based on its broad virulence. Despite its importance, the effect of Ug99 on different types of resistance in wheat has not been thoroughly researched. In field trials conducted with P. graminis f. sp. tritici race PTKST (Ug99 race group) over 2 years, AUDPC differentiated the moderatel ...
- Pretorius, Zacharias, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Theoretical and applied genetics 2018 v.131 no.10 pp. 2245-2266
- Puccinia graminis; barley; chromosomes; grain crops; mature plants; pathogens; quantitative trait loci; races; resistance genes; stem rust; virulence; Kenya; Minnesota
- ... Key message Major stem rust resistance QTLs proposed to be Rpg2 from Hietpas-5 and Rpg3 from GAW-79 were identified in chromosomes 2H and 5H, respectively, and will enhance the diversity of stem rust resistance in barley improvement programs. Stem rust is a devastating disease of cereal crops worldwide. In barley (Hordeum vulgare ssp. vulgare), the disease is caused by two pathogens: Puccinia gram ...