Jump to Main Content
- Resende, Marcos Deon V., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Industrial crops and products 2018 v.124 pp. 316-324
- Eucalyptus; air drying; biobased products; breeding programs; charcoal; forestry; genetic correlation; genetic variation; genotype; heartwood; heritability; lumber; pulping; sapwood; trees; water content; wood; wood density; wood drying
- ... Knowledge of wood drying potential is relevant in forestry and biomaterials technology field, being directly related with timber transport, lumber properties, charcoal yield and pulping process. Using mixed models approach by REML-BLUP procedure, we aimed to evaluate the moisture content loss potential among different eucalypt genotypes, by means of genetic correlations, heritabilities, coefficien ...
- Resende, Marcos Deon V., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Forest ecology and management 2018 v.410 pp. 76-83
- Eucalyptus grandis; Eucalyptus urophylla; autocorrelation; economic productivity; genetic testing; genetic variation; genotype; genotype-environment interaction; hybrids; phenotype; plant genetics; plantations; site index; trees
- ... The major determinants of productivity in Eucalyptus plantations include the site productive capacity, local environmental uniformity, and the tree genetics, which impact their growth potential and competitiveness. While these factors have received a lot of attention individually, less attention has been given to the relative importance of these factors and the interactions between them. We examin ...