Jump to Main Content
- Rocha, Luiz A., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Molecular phylogenetics and evolution 2018 v.121 pp. 35-45
- Halichoeres; allopatry; islands; monophyly; sympatry; Panama
- ... The New World Halichoeres comprises about 30 small to medium sized wrasse species that are prominent members of reef communities throughout the tropical Western Atlantic and Eastern Pacific. We conducted a phylogenetic analysis of this group and related lineages using new and previously published sequence data. We estimated divergence times, evaluated the monophyly of this group, their relationshi ...
- Rocha, Luiz A., et al. Show all 23 Authors
- Diversity & distributions 2018 v.24 no.7 pp. 951-965
- body size; cluster analysis; coasts; databases; environmental factors; extinction; fauna; fish; habitat preferences; habitats; indigenous species; islands; marine protected areas; models; planning; species richness; zoogeography; Atlantic Ocean
- ... AIM: To present an updated database of fish species recorded on south‐western Atlantic reef environments and to explore the ecological drivers of the structure, the latitudinal gradient of biodiversity and the centre of endemism in this peripheral province. LOCATION: South‐western Atlantic (SWA): Brazilian and Argentinian Provinces. METHODS: A database composed of 733 fish species along 23 locatio ...