Jump to Main Content
- Rosenfeld, Jordan S., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Hydrobiologia 2018 v.805 no.1 pp. 231-243
- Chironomidae; Ephemeroptera; Rhinichthys cataractae; Simuliidae; experimental design; foraging; invertebrates; larvae; microhabitats; turbulent flow
- ... To identify the mechanisms whereby substrate embeddedness and water velocity influence Nooksack dace (Rhinichthys cataractae subsp. cataractae) prey capture efficiency, we stocked dace in foraging arenas with varying substrate types over a range of velocities (0, 25, 35 cm s⁻¹) and measured their efficiency of prey capture. We stocked a known number of mayfly (Ephemeroptera), black fly (Simuliidae ...
- Rosenfeld, Jordan S., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- The journal of animal ecology 2018 v.87 no.5 pp. 1383-1394
- Oncorhynchus; biomass production; energy metabolism; environmental impact; fish production; foraging; forests; habitats; invertebrates; juveniles; prediction; simulation models; streams; subsidies; trout
- ... Increasing habitat availability (i.e. habitat suitable for occupancy) is often assumed to elevate the abundance or production of mobile consumers; however, this relationship is often nonlinear (threshold or unimodal). Identifying the mechanisms underlying these nonlinearities is essential for predicting the ecological impacts of habitat change, yet the functional forms and ultimate causation of co ...