Jump to Main Content
- Schönenberger, Jürg, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Hydrobiologia 2018 v.808 no.1 pp. 35-55
- Sepia officinalis; autophagy; eggs; hatching; integument; juveniles; necrosis; nitric oxide; nitric oxide synthase; secretion
- ... Cephalopods encapsulate their eggs in protective egg envelopes. To hatch from this enclosure, most cephalopod embryos release egg shell-digesting choriolytic enzymes produced by the Hoyle organ (HO). After hatching, this gland becomes inactive and rapidly degrades by programmed cell death. We aim to characterize morphologically the development, maturation and degradation of the gland throughout em ...
- Schönenberger, Jürg, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Molecular phylogenetics and evolution 2018 v.122 pp. 59-79
- Ericaceae; Lecythidaceae; Mitrastemonaceae; Neotropics; Theaceae; biogeography; phylogeny; species diversity
- ... Inferring interfamilial relationships within the eudicot order Ericales has remained one of the more recalcitrant problems in angiosperm phylogenetics, likely due to a rapid, ancient radiation. As a result, no comprehensive time-calibrated tree or biogeographical analysis of the order has been published. Here, we elucidate phylogenetic relationships within the order and then conduct time-dependent ...