Jump to Main Content
- Seki, Osamu, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of paleolimnology 2018 v.60 no.4 pp. 511-523
- Holocene epoch; alkanes; carbon; carbon nitrogen ratio; drought; hydrology; lakes; limnology; macrophytes; monsoon season; paleoclimatology; paleontology; plant communities; rain; sediments; summer; China
- ... We have reconstructed the history of mid-late Holocene paleohydrological changes in the Chinese Loess Plateau using n-alkane data from a sediment core in Tianchi Lake. We used Pₐq (the proportion of aquatic macrophytes to the total plant community) to reflect changes in lake water level, with a higher abundance of submerged macrophytes indicating a lower water level and vice versa. The Pₐq-based h ...
- Seki, Osamu, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Organic geochemistry 2018 v.125 pp. 189-195
- Haptophyta; freshwater lakes; genomics; phylotype; ribosomal DNA; sediments; spring; summer; surface temperature; Greenland; Japan
- ... Identifying the lacustrine haptophyte species that produce long-chain alkenones (LCAs) is essential prior to down-core temperature reconstructions. Here, we investigated the identity of LCA-producing species from Lake Toyoni, Japan using 18S ribosomal DNA (rDNA) and organic geochemical analyses. The rDNA analyses identified eighteen operational taxonomic units (OTUs) of which only one fell within ...