Jump to Main Content
- Selmi, Boulbaba, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- BMC complementary and alternative medicine 2018 v.18 no.1 pp. 79
- DNA; Rhaponticum; alpha-glucosidase; alternative medicine; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; beta-caryophyllene; chemical composition; diabetes mellitus; digestion; duodenum; enzyme inhibition; enzyme inhibitors; enzyme kinetics; essential oils; flowers; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; germacrene; gout; human health; hyperuricemia; hypoxanthine; lipid metabolism; lipids; methyl eugenol; obesity; oils; triacylglycerol lipase; uric acid; xanthine; xanthine oxidase
- ... BACKGROUND: α-glucosidase is a therapeutic target for diabetes mellitus (DM) and α-glucosidase inhibitors play a vital role in the treatments for the disease. Furthermore, xanthine oxidase (XO) is a key enzyme that catalyzes hypoxanthine and xanthine to uric acid which at high levels can lead to hyperuricemia which is an important cause of gout. Pancreatic lipase (PL) secreted into the duodenum pl ...
- PubMed Central:
- Selmi, Boulbaba, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Industrial crops and products 2018 v.112 pp. 521-531
- Acca sellowiana; DNA; acetic acid; acute toxicity; alpha-amylase; alpha-glucosidase; analgesic effect; antifungal properties; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; aspirin; beta-caryophyllene; bioactive compounds; body weight; cations; chemical constituents of plants; diabetes; free radicals; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; headspace analysis; in vitro studies; inhibitory concentration 50; leaf extracts; leaves; limonene; lipid peroxidation; mice; rats; solid phase microextraction; writhing test; Tunisia
- ... In this study, headspace solid-phase microextraction coupled to GC–MS was applied to identify the volatile bioactive compounds in the leaves of Feijoa sellowiana growing in Tunisia. Thirty-one components were identified, representing 99.9% of the total volatiles. The major constituents were limonene (36.2%), β-caryophyllene (27.8%), aromadendrene (12.5%), and α-copaene (6.6%). Also, the F. sellowi ...