Jump to Main Content
- Sette, L.D., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Letters in applied microbiology 2018 v.66 no.6 pp. 530-536
- Xanthomonas; antibacterial properties; antibiotic resistance; bioactive compounds; ecosystems; marine sediments; nutrients; passion fruits; plant pathogenic bacteria; secondary metabolites; soil; soil fungi; temperature; tomatoes; ultraviolet radiation; Antarctic region
- ... This study aims to obtain secondary metabolites extracts from filamentous fungi isolated from soil and marine sediments from Antarctic ecosystems and to assess its potential antibacterial activity on Xanthomonas euvesicatoria and Xanthomonas axonopodis pv. passiflorae (phytopathogenic bacteria causing diseases in pepper and tomato and passionfruit, respectively). Among the 66 crude intracellular a ...
- Sette, L.D., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Letters in applied microbiology 2018 v.67 no.1 pp. 64-71
- Cadophora; Citrus; Penicillium; Pseudogymnoascus; antibacterial properties; cell death; cell viability; fungi; habitats; malt; marine sediments; microbial genetic resources; microbial growth; molecular systematics; plant pathogens; secondary metabolites; soil; viability assays; Antarctic region; Antarctica
- ... This study aims to obtain secondary metabolites extracts from filamentous fungi isolated from soil and marine sediments from Antarctica and assess its potential antibacterial activity on Xanthomonas citri subsp. citri, the agent of citrus canker. Metabolites production was conducted in Malt 2% broth at 15°C for 20 days after which intracellular and extracellular extracts were obtained. The extract ...