Jump to Main Content
- Shad, Muhammad Aslam, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2018 v.113 pp. 219-226
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Nelumbo nucifera; X-ray diffraction; ambient temperature; crystal structure; emulsifying; emulsifying properties; flour; gelling properties; grinding; microwave radiation; microwave treatment; oils; particle size; porosity; scanning electron microscopy; seeds; starch granules; surface area; swelling (materials)
- ... The present study aimed to investigate the influence of microwave irradiation on the physical and functional properties of starch extracted from Nelumbo nucifera seed flour. The seed flour was obtained by manual grinding of seeds and irradiated at different microwave treatment time, i.e., 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5min at the low-medium intensity. The starch was extracted in distilled water and dried at room ...
- Shad, Muhammad Aslam, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Food chemistry 2018 v.242 pp. 182-187
- Brassica oleracea; antioxidant activity; ethyl acetate; ethyl ether; free radical scavengers; hexane; leaf extracts; leaves; methanol; phenolic acids; response surface methodology; solvents
- ... Effects of extraction time and solvent polarity on antioxidant properties of Brassica oleracea leaves were optimized by response surface methodology using a central composite design. Five extraction times (12, 24, 36, 48 and 60h) and solvent polarities (dipole moment – hexane: 0.0, diethyl ether: 2.80, ethyl acetate: 4.40, methanol: 5.10 and water: 9.0D) were selected for optimization. Response su ...