Jump to Main Content
- Stratton, Gareth, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Nutrients 2018 v.10 no.11
- Dietary Guidelines; body fat; body mass index; brain; fasting; glucose; glucose tolerance; insulin resistance; low calorie diet; magnetic resonance imaging; overweight; protein intake; taste; weight control; weight loss
- ... The objective was to assess the effects of a weight loss and subsequent weight maintenance period comprising two diets differing in protein intake, on brain reward reactivity to visual food cues. Brain reward reactivity was assessed with functional magnetic resonance imaging in 27 overweight/obese individuals with impaired fasting glucose and/or impaired glucose tolerance (HOMA-IR: 3.7 ± 1. ...
- Stratton, Gareth, et al. Show all 19 Authors
- Nutrients 2018 v.10 no.1
- albumins; blood serum; creatinine; diabetes; elderly; excretion; glomerular filtration rate; kidney diseases; lifestyle; men; protein intake; regression analysis; urea; women; Europe
- ... Concerns about detrimental renal effects of a high-protein intake have been raised due to an induced glomerular hyperfiltration, since this may accelerate the progression of kidney disease. The aim of this sub-study was to assess the effect of a higher intake of protein on kidney function in pre-diabetic men and women, aged 55 years and older. Analyses were based on baseline and one-year data in a ...