Jump to Main Content
- Sujitha, S.B., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2018 v.25 no.6 pp. 5681-5699
- aluminum; anthropogenic activities; arsenic; benthic organisms; cadmium; chromium; copper; dry deposition; environmental assessment; estuaries; iron; lead; manganese; mercury; multivariate analysis; nickel; parent rock; probability; risk assessment; rivers; sediment contamination; sediments; silver; toxicity; weathering; wetlands; zinc; India
- ... The present work investigated the spatial distribution and ecological risk assessment of total and mild acid-leachable trace elements in surface sediments (top 0–10 cm; grain size ≤ 63 μm) along the Hooghly (Ganges) River Estuary and Sundarban Mangrove Wetland, India. The trace elements, analyzed by ICPMS, showed wide range of variations with the following descending order (mean values expressed i ...
- Sujitha, S.B., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of environmental sciences (China) 2018 v.68 pp. 83-90
- blood; ecosystems; environmental monitoring; females; geometry; gold; hairs; human population; humans; issues and policy; males; mercury; mining; urine; Colombia
- ... A biomonitoring study was carried out to examine the adverse impacts of total mercury in the blood (HgB), urine (HgU) and human scalp hair (HgH) on the residents of a mining district in Colombia. Representative biological samples (scalp hair, urine and blood) were collected from volunteered participants (n=63) to estimate the exposure levels of THg using a Direct mercury analyzer. The geometric me ...