Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Ruci, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Plant growth regulation 2018 v.84 no.1 pp. 123-133
- Oryza sativa; breeding; chromosomes; correlation; genomics; hybrids; inbred lines; isogenic lines; phenotype; phosphates; quantitative trait loci; rice; root shoot ratio; seedlings; tillering; tillers; variance
- ... Phosphate (Pi) plays important roles in plant development and architecture. With the goal of identifying genomic regions that influence tolerance to Pi deficiency (TPDE) in hybrid rice (Oryza sativa L.), quantitative trait loci (QTL) were mapped using recombinant inbred lines (RILs) that were derived from a cross between tolerant ‘XieqingzaoB’ (XB) and susceptible ‘Zhonghui9308’. Six TPDE-related ...
- Wang, Ruci, et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Molecular plant 2018 v.11 no.6 pp. 860-873
- agronomic traits; alleles; crops; enzyme activity; gain-of-function mutation; genetic analysis; grain yield; mutants; panicles; protein kinases; rice; signal transduction
- ... Grain size is one of the key agronomic traits that determine grain yield in crops. However, the mechanisms underlying grain size control in crops remain elusive. Here we demonstrate that the OsMKKK10-OsMKK4-OsMAPK6 signaling pathway positively regulates grain size and weight in rice. In rice, loss of OsMKKK10 function results in small and light grains, short panicles, and semi-dwarf plants, while ...