Jump to Main Content
- Yen, Chia-Hung, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Yàowù shípǐn fēnxī 2018
- DNA; benzo(a)pyrene; carcinogenesis; carcinogens; chemical bonding; coal tar; combustion; cytochrome P-450; fuels; glycine N-methyltransferase; liquid chromatography; liver; liver neoplasms; mitogen-activated protein kinase; moieties; mutants; pancreas; phosphorylation; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; protein kinase C; proteomics; serine; tandem mass spectrometry; tissues
- ... Glycine N-methyltransferase (GNMT) protein is highly expressed in certain tissues, such as liver, pancreas, and prostate. GNMT serves multiple roles which include a methyl group transfer enzyme and a liver tumor suppressor. Benzo(a)pyrene (BaP), a family member of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon (PAH), is a known environmental carcinogen found in coal tar, tobacco smoke, barbecued food and incompl ...
- Yen, Chia-Hung, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2018 v.636 pp. 464-476
- aquatic ecosystems; aquatic organisms; benzophenones; bioassays; bisphenol A; camphor; cell proliferation; concentrated animal feeding operations; deet; diethylstilbestrol; endocrine-disrupting chemicals; estriol; estrogenic properties; estrone; insect repellents; liquid chromatography; livestock; nonylphenols; octylphenols; reporter genes; river water; rivers; tandem mass spectrometry; triclosan; wastewater; wastewater treatment; watersheds; Taiwan
- ... We assessed 22 selected endocrine-disrupting compounds (EDCs) and other emerging, potentially endocrine-active compounds with estrogenic activity from the waters of the Wuluo River, southern Taiwan. This watershed receives high amounts of livestock and untreated household wastewaters. The river is surrounded by concentrated animal feedlot operations (CAFOs). River water samples were analyzed for s ...