Jump to Main Content
- Yoshida, Hiroe, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Field crops research 2018 v.223 pp. 155-163
- Oryza sativa; branches; cultivars; genotype; heading; mathematical models; panicles; rice
- ... There is a large variation in the number of days from heading to flower opening among flowers attached to a single panicle in rice (Oryza sativa L.). However, the details of order and timing of flower opening among flowers and the differences between genotypes in the variation have not been well described. In the present study, we developed a mathematical model to characterize the differences betw ...
- Yoshida, Hiroe, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Field crops research 2018 v.219 pp. 139-147
- alpha-amylase; beta-amylase; carbon; filling period; glucose-1-phosphate adenylyltransferase; grain yield; high-yielding varieties; panicles; rice; ripening; spikelets; starch; stems; sucrose
- ... Recently developed high-yielding rice varieties with extra-large sink capacity often have unstable grain filling. Therefore, understanding the factors that limit grain filling is essential for further improvement of rice grain yield. Because grain-filling is determined by the complex sink–source balance, grain-filling ability is very difficult to evaluate. In this study, we compared grain-filling- ...