Jump to Main Content
- Zheng, Shao Jian, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Plant, cell and environment 2018 v.41 no.4 pp. 809-822
- Arabidopsis; Vigna umbellata; Xenopus; aluminum; carbon; citrates; electrophysiology; oocytes; secretion; toxicity; transcription (genetics); transcription factors; transporters
- ... Aluminum (Al)‐induced organic acid secretion from the root apex is an important Al resistance mechanism. However, it remains unclear how plants fine‐tune root organic acid secretion which can contribute significantly to the loss of fixed carbon from the plant. Here, we demonstrate that Al‐induced citrate secretion from the rice bean root apex is biphasic, consisting of an early phase with low secr ...
- Zheng, Shao Jian, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Thenew phytologist 2018 v.219 no.1 pp. 149-162
- Oryza sativa; abiotic stress; alleles; aluminum; biotic stress; citrates; gel electrophoresis; metal tolerance; mutants; mutation; plant response; polymerase chain reaction; rice; secretion; stress tolerance; transactivators; transcriptional activation; transfer DNA
- ... Whilst WRKY transcription factors are known to be involved in diverse plant responses to biotic stresses, their involvement in abiotic stress tolerance is poorly understood. OsFRDL4, encoding a citrate transporter, has been reported to be regulated by ALUMINUM (Al) RESISTANCE TRANSCRIPTION FACTOR 1 (ART1) in rice, but whether it is also regulated by other transcription factors is unknown. We defin ...