Jump to Main Content
- Kariuki, Rebecca; Willcock, Simon; Marchant, Rob
- Land 2018 v.7 no.2
- animal density, etc ; biomass; climate; climate change; ecosystems; grazing; habitat fragmentation; land tenure; land use change; livelihood; livestock; models; pastoralism; rain; rangelands; social welfare; vegetation; wildlife management; Kenya; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Rangelands throughout sub-Saharan Africa are currently undergoing two major pressures: climate change (through altered rainfall and seasonality patterns) and habitat fragmentation (brought by land use change driven by land demand for agriculture and conservation). Here we explore these dimensions, investigating the impact of land use change decisions, by pastoralists in southern Kenya rangelands, ...
- Villamar, Cristina-Alejandra; Vera-Puerto, Ismael; Rivera, Diego; De la Hoz, Felipe
- Water 2018 v.10 no.6
- animal density, etc ; climate change; feeds; food crops; forests; grain crops; grasslands; irrigated farming; issues and policy; livestock; livestock production; long term effects; municipal wastewater; non-food crops; nutrients; physicochemical properties; wastewater treatment; water reuse; water shortages; Chile; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Chile is an agricultural power, but also one of the most vulnerable countries to climate change and water shortage. About 50% of the irrigated agriculture land in Chile is in the central zone, thanks to its agricultural-climatic characteristics that provide an adequate water supply (100–4000 m3/s). However, the vulnerability scenario in this zone is high due to the seasonal availability of w ...