Jump to Main Content
- Kostadinović Veličkovska, Sanja, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of food science and technology 2018 v.55 no.5 pp. 1614-1623
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; alpha-tocopherol; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; apricots; beta-carotene; bioactive compounds; cooking fats and oils; fatty acid composition; gamma-tocopherol; linoleic acid; oleic acid; paprika; phytosterols; seeds; sesame seed; sunflower oil; triacylglycerols; Macedonia
- ... The bioactive compounds and “in vitro” antioxidant activity measured by three antioxidant assays of some traditional and non-traditional cold-pressed edible oils from Macedonia were object of this study. The fatty acid composition showed dominance of monounsaturated oleic acid in “sweet” and “bitter” apricot kernel oils with percentages of 66.7 ± 0.5 and 57.8 ± 0.3%, respectively. The most dominan ...
- Kostadinović Veličkovska, Sanja, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Journal of food measurement & characterization 2018 v.12 no.4 pp. 2545-2552
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Candida albicans; Listeria monocytogenes; almond oil; almonds; alpha-tocopherol; antibacterial properties; antifungal properties; beta-sitosterol; bioactive compounds; campesterol; cooking fats and oils; fatty acid composition; fruits; gamma-tocopherol; linoleic acid; oleic acid; tocotrienols; walnuts; wheat germ; wheat germ oil
- ... The chemical composition, antiradical and antimicrobial activity of cold-pressed edible oils from nutty fruits (almond and walnut) and oils from poppy seed and wheat germ from Macedonia were studied. Regarding the fatty acid composition, the highest level of oleic acid was determined in almond oil (67.6 ± 0.02%) whereas poppy seed oil was the richest sources of linoleic acid with abundance of 72.3 ...