Jump to Main Content
- Conlisk, Erin; Castanha, Cristina; Germino, Matthew J.; Veblen, Thomas T.; Smith, Jeremy M.; Kueppers, Lara M.
- The journal of ecology 2017 v.105 no.5 pp. 1347-1357
- Picea engelmannii; Pinus flexilis; altitude; biogeography; climate; climate change; conifers; forest surveys; forests; models; plant establishment; species recruitment; treeline; trees
- ... Species distribution shifts in response to climate change require that recruitment increase beyond current range boundaries. For trees with long life spans, the importance of climate‐sensitive seedling establishment to the pace of range shifts has not been demonstrated quantitatively. Using spatially explicit, stochastic population models combined with data from long‐term forest surveys, we explor ...
- Hereford, Joe; Schmitt, Johanna; Ackerly, David D.
- The journal of ecology 2017 v.105 no.5 pp. 1323-1334
- annuals; meteorological data; landscapes; phenology; models; biogeography; habitats; environmental factors; global warming; summer; herbaria; Mollugo; climate; prediction; California
- ... Many short‐lived species complete their life cycles during brief seasonal windows of favourable environmental conditions. Such species may persist in the face of climate warming by migration to track their seasonal climate niche in space and/or by phenological shifts to track favourable conditions in time within the year. To describe the seasonal climate niche of the short‐lived annual Mollugo ver ...