Jump to Main Content
- Gaskins, Audrey J; Pereira, Ana; Quintiliano, Daiana; Shepherd, John A; Uauy, Ricardo; Corvalán, Camila; Michels, Karin B
- TheAmerican journal of clinical nutrition 2017 v.105 no.5 pp. 1166-1175
- beverages; breasts; childhood; cohort studies; dairy consumption; dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry; girls; low fat milk; mammary glands; menarche; models; obesity; somatotropin; yogurt
- ... Background: Frequent dairy consumption in childhood has been related to higher growth-hormone concentrations that may affect mammary gland and pubertal development. Objective: We evaluated the relation of dairy intake to breast composition at Tanner stage 4 and age at menarche. Design: A total of 515 Chilean girls are included in the Growth and Obesity Cohort Study. The subjects have been followed ...
- PubMed Central:
- Vesper, Hubert W; Caudill, Samuel P; Kuiper, Heather C; Yang, Quanhe; Ahluwalia, Namanjeet; Lacher, David A; Pirkle, James L
- TheAmerican journal of clinical nutrition 2017 v.105 no.5 pp. 1063-1069
- National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey; adults; blood; cardiovascular diseases; elaidic acid; food additives; food intake; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; geometry; models; nationalities and ethnic groups; public health; vaccenic acid; United States
- ... Background: The consumption of trans fatty acids (TFAs) is associated with an increased risk of cardiovascular disease, and reducing their consumption is a major public health objective. Food intake studies have provided estimates for TFA concentrations in the US population; however, there is a need for data on TFA blood concentrations in the population. Objective: The objective of this study was ...
- PubMed Central: