Jump to Main Content
- Bi, Huangai; Liu, Peipei; Jiang, Zhensheng; Ai, Xizhen
- Physiologia plantarum 2017 v.161 no.2 pp. 224-234
- Cucumis sativus; carbon; carbon dioxide; carboxylation; cucumbers; fluorescence; gene overexpression; genes; greenhouses; leaf area; leaves; malondialdehyde; photochemistry; photosystem II; ribulose-bisphosphate carboxylase; ribulose-bisphosphate carboxylase activase; seedlings; stomatal conductance; temperature; transgenic plants
- ... Rubisco activase (RCA) is an important enzyme that can catalyze the carboxylation and oxygenation activities of ribulose‐1,5‐bisphosphate carboxylase/oxygenase (Rubisco), which is involved in the photosynthetic carbon reduction cycle. Here, we studied the effects of changes in RCA activity on photosynthesis, growth and development, as well as the low temperature and weak light tolerance of RCA ove ...
- Pérez‐Jiménez, Margarita; Hernández‐Munuera, María; Piñero Zapata, Maria Carmen; López‐Ortega, Gregorio; del Amor, Francisco M.
- Physiologia plantarum 2017 v.161 no.2 pp. 257-272
- Prunus avium; carbon dioxide; chlorides; chlorophyll; climate; cultivars; drought; flooded conditions; fluorescence; greenhouse gases; leaves; photosynthesis; proline; rootstocks; salinity; starch; stomatal conductance; sugars; sulfates; trees
- ... The increase in the ambient concentration of CO₂ and other greenhouse gases is producing climate events that can compromise crop survival. However, high CO₂ concentrations are sometimes able to mitigate certain stresses such as salinity or drought. In this experiment, the effects of waterlogging and CO₂ are studied in combination to elucidate the eventual response in sweet cherry trees. For this p ...