Jump to Main Content
- Li, Zhuojun; Kim, Jong Kyu; Chaudhari, Vrushali; Mayadevi, Suseeladevi; Campos, Luiza C.
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2017 v.24 no.21 pp. 17861-17873
- activated carbon; adsorption; aqueous solutions; catalysts; drinking water; equations; metaldehyde; models; nanoparticles; oxidation; pesticides; photocatalysis; sorption isotherms; titanium dioxide; ultraviolet radiation; United Kingdom
- ... Metaldehyde, an organic pesticide widely used in the UK, has been detected in drinking water in the UK with a low concentration (<1 μg L⁻¹) which is still above the European and UK standard requirements. This paper investigates the efficiency of four materials: powdered activated carbon (PAC) and carbon-doped titanium dioxide nanocatalyst with different concentrations of carbon (C-1.5, C-40, and C ...
- PubMed Central:
- Kwon, Da-Sol; Tak, So-Yeon; Lee, Jung-Eun; Kim, Moon-Kyung; Lee, Young Hwa; Han, Doo Won; Kang, Sanghyeon; Zoh, Kyung-Duk
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2017 v.24 no.21 pp. 17606-17615
- acetaminophen; activated carbon; bisphenol A; caffeine; cities; desorption; detection limit; diclofenac; filters; ibuprofen; oxidation; pollutants; rivers; sulfamethoxazole; tap water; water treatment; watersheds; Korean Peninsula
- ... In this study, to examine the accumulated micropollutants in the spent carbon filter used in the water purifier, first, the method to desorb micropollutant from the activated carbon was developed and optimized. Then, using this optimized desorption conditions, we examined which micropollutants exist in spent carbon filters collected from houses in different regions in Korea where water purifiers w ...