Jump to Main Content
- Li, Zhuojun; Kim, Jong Kyu; Chaudhari, Vrushali; Mayadevi, Suseeladevi; Campos, Luiza C.
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2017 v.24 no.21 pp. 17861-17873
- activated carbon; adsorption; aqueous solutions; catalysts; drinking water; equations; metaldehyde; models; nanoparticles; oxidation; pesticides; photocatalysis; sorption isotherms; titanium dioxide; ultraviolet radiation; United Kingdom
- ... Metaldehyde, an organic pesticide widely used in the UK, has been detected in drinking water in the UK with a low concentration (<1 μg L⁻¹) which is still above the European and UK standard requirements. This paper investigates the efficiency of four materials: powdered activated carbon (PAC) and carbon-doped titanium dioxide nanocatalyst with different concentrations of carbon (C-1.5, C-40, and C ...
- PubMed Central:
- Liang, Guannan; Yang, Yu; Wu, Simiao; Jiang, Yonghai; Xu, Yunfeng
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2017 v.24 no.21 pp. 17935-17944
- Microbacterium; adsorption; arsenic; cost effectiveness; groundwater; manganese; manganese oxides; oxidation; pH
- ... The generation of biogenic manganese oxides (BMnOx) by Microbacterium sp. CSA40, and As(III) removal efficiency and mechanism by BMnOx were investigated in this study. The propagation and growth of Microbacterium sp. CSA40 was conducted in half-strength Luria Broth with 10 mg/L Mn(II), then high concentration of Microbacterium sp. CSA40 was added to PYG medium making its OD600 = 0.9 ± 0.05 for BMn ...