Jump to Main Content
- Singh, Poonam C.; Shukla, Deepali; Fatima, Touseef; Nautiyal, Chandra Shekhar; Johri, Jayandra Kumar
- Journal of plant growth regulation 2017 v.36 no.1 pp. 106-117
- Bacillus (bacteria); Fusarium; antagonists; bacterial colonization; biological control; biological control agents; cell walls; collenchyma; crops; cultivars; endophytes; fungi; growth promotion; internal transcribed spacers; leaf spot; leaves; pathogens; plant growth; ribosomal RNA; root rot; rooting; scanning electron microscopes; scanning electron microscopy; screening; virulence
- ... Betelvine is prone to several fungal diseases including leaf spots, foot and root rot caused by Fusarium spp. due to humid conditions prevailing in fields. In the present study, a potent antagonistic bacterial endophyte and a virulent fungal pathogen were selected after rigorous screening of isolates from different betelvine varieties to provide an efficient biocontrol strategy in cultivation of b ...
- Jain, Shekhar; Vaishnav, Anukool; Kumari, Sarita; Varma, Ajit; Tuteja, Narendra; Choudhary, Devendra Kumar
- Journal of plant growth regulation 2017 v.36 no.1 pp. 200-214
- growth promotion; fungi; microbial growth; phenylalanine ammonia-lyase; systemic acquired resistance; jasmonic acid; Thanatephorus cucumeris; peroxidase; pathogens; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; antifungal properties; plant growth; Glycine max; catechol oxidase; Fusarium oxysporum; linoleate 13S-lipoxygenase; beta-glucanase; growth retardation; proteinases; soybeans; Bacillus (bacteria); chitinase
- ... In the present research, bacterial-mediated elicitation of induced systemic resistance in the soybean plant was studied. The main objective was in vitro analysis of jasmonic acid and different defense-related enzymes in soybean plants primed with bacterium Bacillus sp. SJ-5 against the fungal pathogen Rhizoctonia solani and Fusarium oxysporum. In the different assays conducted, Bacillus sp. SJ-5 s ...